Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Hello I have been paying £47 a month for only a broadband and I would like to add TV to it, However I find it horribly expensive for broadband only. When I check on their website as a new customer the whole package would be less expensive that if I upgrade. I don't understand how is that customer friendly and have tried to speak to someone about it with no success. Any help welcome

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade

It's how it is - you have already had your new customer discount. If you want it again you need to leave VM and come back in the future.

What you should do is call in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through. Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

Tell them you are considering leaving for a better deal with Sky as you want the TV package and see what they can offer you to stay it should be better than what you see on the website but whether it is good enough will be your call. Go in armed with a quote from Sky for the BB+TV package and remember if you are still in contract with VM there will be early disconnection fees - if you are out of contract and on the 30/day rolling one - then you "may" be in a better bargaining position as if you stay it will be on a new 12/18mo contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

I upgraded my broadband yesterday from 200 to 350 . I still have same speeds so looks like my upgrade did not go through or the speeds have not changed 

0 Kudos