Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to newest hub

I have an old superhub 2, and it is beginning to creak at the seams.  Specifically, the 2G network goes down intermittently (the 5G generally stays fine at these times).  This is proving problematic with working from home as the majority of our devices can only connect to the 2G network.

As the hub is very old (approx 6yrs), I wondered if it would be possible to get an upgrade to the latest hub.

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to even ask that question!  So my real question is: how do I get through to someone to order the upgrade?  I'd be quite happy to send a message/email rather than communicate synchronously.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade to newest hub

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That looks absolutely perfect ... only when I sign in then I get:

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

So definite progress!  But not quite there yet.  Do you know what I do next (your comment implies that you do so I'm hopeful!)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Either call up or wait for a mod/tech to assist here 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I couldn't find a phone number (I've sent a message to the text service) and the "live chat" timed out, which is why I posted here.  So I hope that a friendly mod/tech will spot this and help.

(I note that the heading for this is now marked "Solved" - the messages have been very helpful and I marked the first reply as "helpful" but it shouldn't be marked "Solved".  Can I remove that from the title without taking out the "helpful" tag?)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey mapstacey,

Sorry that you haven't been able to get this request through to swap your old hub out, I can look into this for you and get the new hub sent out to you.

I will need to pop over a private message, so that we can pass account security and get this looked into further.

Regards

Steven_L 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's a really helpful link. I've spent 2 days trying to work out how do this via the rest of the Virgin media site: this link should be more obvious or appear in the upgrades options.  Oh well, glad I found it here!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just to note that thanks to the helpful people here, this got solved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello, I need a replacement  / upgrade Superhub please.    

Account number    [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

Area reference      11

Account Holder    [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

I have had a Superhub 2 for many years, and while it works fine for cabled connections, it has always been erratic on WiFi.  It connects first time, and runs at a very reasonable speed, but after random periods of five to fifteen minutes it drops out and I have to turn WiFi off and on again after which it will run for another five to fifteen minutes then do it again.  ( It has just done it again as I type this )

I have rebooted and even reset the hub, no difference.

I don't need a signal booster - it does this when I'm sitting a few feet from the hub.

It isn't caused by my computer - it is the same with all four computers that I use regularly in this house.

Please just send me a new hub.  If you really want it I'll even post the old one back.  Since I'm concerned to keep track of this discussion I'm going to cut-and paste this e-mail, complete with time and date of send, to see how long the first response and a satisfactory resolution takes.

regards

[MOD EDIT: REMOVED] Sunday 22nd November 2020 at 19:00

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Please remove your personal info from the public forum 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos