cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to Hub 5 & Wi-Fi pods don’t connect

oh_corrin
Joining in

VM insisted I upgraded to a Hub 5 as it would solve all my problems and give me Wi-Fi in every room of the house. Now it won’t recognise the Wi-Fi pod & I have less Wi-Fi than I had before (no signal in half the rooms) but they are telling me I need to wait 48 hours after I activated for them to be able to sort it & I have to call them again.

Do they have to pair the pods with the new hub? And is the Hub 5 worse than the 3? I feel like switching back as it seems to be worse 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The VM Pods are paired to one Hub, They can be repaired VM need to do that.

Hub 5's in Router mode do have a quite few wrinkles that would make me not bother with the VM Pods and move directly to modem mode with a Wi-Fi Router or Router Mesh.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

The VM Pods are paired to one Hub, They can be repaired VM need to do that.

Hub 5's in Router mode do have a quite few wrinkles that would make me not bother with the VM Pods and move directly to modem mode with a Wi-Fi Router or Router Mesh.

Virgin have advised that they cannot pair the hub & the pod. This is not something that can be done ever,  They need to send a new one 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oh_corrin 

Thanks for your post 

Have the team managed to send out the new hub/pods for you now? Please do keep us updated with how this goes once installed.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

They said they would get one sent but I have had no delivery notification to say it’s on its way & it’s been 3 days now. Can you advise if it’s been sent?

They also advised they could only send one & that I would have to contact VM for a 4th time to request another one. I had originally asked for a second pod & was send a new hub instead. Is this correct? Do I call to contact you again in order to get a second pod ever though I explained that with the original one the Wi-Fi still did not reach the rest of the house? Other people on here seem to have up to 3 pods.

I currently now only have Wi-Fi in the living room of my house after all this. I’ve raised a complaint. 

Thanks 

Hi Corrin,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details and it looks like a replacement Pod was ordered, this can take up to 5 working days to arrive, please let us know if you do not receive it in this time frame.

Regards

Paul.

Hi.

It’s been over 2 weeks and I still haven’t received it. The agent said the order was paused & another would be sent. That one hasn’t arrived either. This is ridiculous. 

I have raised a complaint but you just keep saying it’s been resolved when I still can’t get Wi-Fi across my whole home. Your website guarantees it or offers £100 back. Will I get the money? 

I just need 2 Wi-Fi pods. I don’t know why it’s so hard.

Hi @oh_corrin 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with WiFi Max pods. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss this and resolve. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

rebellion
On our wavelength

Hi, I received my Hub 5 exactly a week ago, it works ok but does not recognise/connect to my existing Wifi extender pod. I have reported this, in fact I have phoned 5 times about it and keep being told someone from the technical team will get back to me within 24 hours yet no one does. They realise that the pod must still be paired to my old hub but I have not been offered a solution e.g. being sent a new pod. Please help.

Hi @rebellion 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you are having with your existing WiFi pod, you can reset it using an ethernet cable or holding the WPS button for 5 seconds on the Hub then turning the power on to the pod. If this is does not work, please reach out to my private message so that I can assist you further.

Sabrina