Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to Hub 4 Not Arrived

I received a call from Virgin Media two weeks ago saying that I was eligible for a free upgrade from a Hub 3 to a Hub 4. My new hub was scheduled to be delivered yesterday (16th November). I waited in all day but nothing came and I didn't even receive a text from Yodel with the 2-hour delivery window.

I waited in again all day today (17th November) but still no Hub 4 parcel and no delivery text from Yodel (or confirmation of my 2-hour delivery window).

I have tried using the web chat and the text messaging service but I am getting no response. 

I'm concerned that my current hub 3 will be deactivated before the hub 4 gets here. I received a text from Virgin on the 16th to set up my new hub by replying "go" (which I haven't yet done as I haven't received my new hub). But, the upgrade guy on the phone said I had 5 days from the installation date (16th November) to activate my new kit and for my old kit to be deactivated. Will my kit be deactivated before the new one arrives even if I haven't started the self-start process? And will I be able to activate my new kit if it arrives after the 5 days?

Please can someone help?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to Hub 4 Not Arrived

Count yourself lucky you've not received it

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ED14,

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂 I'm sorry for our delayed response from here and that you haven't received your Hub 4 on the expected delivery date.

Can I ask if you have since received the Hub 4? Your current router should stay online and active until your Hub 4 was plugged in and activated, so you don't need to worry about that.

If you still haven't received your new Hub, please do let me know and I can look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Beth 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

it still hasn’t arrived. I was on the texting service all day on Wednesday and I was reassured that Virgin would be looking in to it and getting it sorted but nothing happened and I kept going round in circles with the person on the other end of the messages. They kept repeating the same question and answer... not very helpful!

I also spoke to Yodel who have not received a parcel for me so I don’t think it’s even been dispatched from Virgin. 

Just to confirm I still haven’t received anything. 

Please can you look in to it?

Thanks

Ellie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for getting back to me, sorry to hear you still haven't received it and gone to so much trouble chasing it up.

I can certainly look into this for you - I've popped you over a PM, please feel free to take a look and respond from there whenever you get the chance.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos