cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade problems new hub 5

Stivvy001
Joining in

Hi all. First post on here, upgraded to new hub on Sat, had loads of issues, eventually got most things sorted after Ordering new Wi-Fi plugs etc as the old one not comparable, biggest problem is Wi-Fi pods won’t work???? Been on a chat with Virgin on and off for 2 days and no resolution, ticket raised on Sat but not heard anthi g else yet ???? Apparently there is a known issue with the Wi-Fi pods and hub 5.0. Has anyone else experienced this !!!!!!  Frustrated with Virgin at the moment 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most likely is that the Pods have just not been "activated" onto your new Hub properly.  Same with any old wifi "plugs".  They are still associated with your old Hub,

So, to check and get that changed, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the Model numbers, serial numbers/MAC addresses etc off the barcode stickers (take photos on the phone) of ALL pieces of kit and also your account number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Stivvy001 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the WiFi Pods after replacing your Hub. I've taken a look on our side and can see you have since spoken with our team.

If you do need anything else, please do let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ