Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from M20 to M100

I'm upgrading from M20 to M100 because I need the extra data now I'm working from home. I'm worried I'll hit my current data cap before the upgrade kicks in - I'm already over 80% and I suspect I've only got enough to last me a few days. I'd happily pay a bit to tide me over until the upgrade kicks in, I'm just worried I'm going to be hit with a big bill and I don't quite know what to do about it! I'm especially worried that there'll be a delay because they're sending out a TiVo box and might not do the rest of the upgrade until I've received it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from M20 to M100

Can you open up the Hub status ( 192.168.0.1 ) Don't Log In and copy and paste the contents of the Configuration Tab onto here please.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm not expecting it to have happened yet as I only placed the order yesterday; i'm just trying to work out if I'm going to have a problem and if so what i should do about it (especially with Virgin having issues with their contact centres).

here's the data:

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID1296
Max Traffic Rate22000000
Max Traffic Burst10000
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID1295
Max Traffic Rate2100000
Max Traffic Burst8160
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst8160
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You must be the last person in the UK to be on 20Mbs. I thought everybody had got the free upgrades to 50Mbs years ago.

What is your data allowance?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

30GB! Which was fine, as I don't play games or watch videos; but now I'm working from home and it's not going to be enough. The speed isn't causing me any issues at the moment to be quite honest, even with video conferencing. It's just the cap that's the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah, I did some more digging around and it looks like they'd just charge me an extra £7.50 for the remainder of the month. Looks like I can stop worrying!

I wish they made it a bit more obvious, like putting it on the data use page.