Menu
33kratos33
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from 100-200 not switched over

Hi, I have upgraded from 100mbps to 200mbps using the Hub 3.0 and just wondered if I needed to phone up Virgin to get an update for the hub or if they do it automatically? The switch over date was two days ago (I know, I am impatient, haha) but didn't know if there was a delayed switch.

Hoping someone can shed some light on the matter.

Thanks

Jamie

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from 100-200 not switched over

Hello,

This should be an automatic process, your Hub would have done a restart and then boom new speeds! If you do a speedtest what upload speeds are you getting? If it is capped at 10 then you are on 100mb, however if it goes to 20 then the upgrade has come through

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Or look in the Hub settings at the Configuration file data page where the "Maximum data Transfer rates" are displayed in bytes. So you can easily see what your maximum up and down speeds are currently limited to.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
33kratos33
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have done multiple speed tests over the past 24 hours and they are all still coming back around 100m with an upload of around 10m.

i understand that around the covid-19 crisis things will move a little slower but just wanted to make sure I understood the process before phoning up Virgin as I know that some call centres have had to close.

thanks for the reply

jamie

0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your upload isn't going above 10 then I would say you haven't had the upgrade yet. If you PM me over your account number and area ref i'll take a look into this for you

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
0 Kudos
the1army
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. I called Virgin and they did check to see if the switchover was done, it seems like it wasn't so she did do it. I was told that the update is instant and restarts, resets of the router didn't help. I'm still getting 103. Various speed tests showed it's still 100 meg she assumed there wasn't anything else that could be done. Other posts I've seen show that someone has to change the IP address or move me or my account to a different tier for the upgrade to take place. 

Can you please help? 

0 Kudos