Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade Hub 4 change of contract?

I received a call telling me I could upgrade to Hub 4 for free and not affect my contract but it sounded dubious so I double checked with 150. The operator there said installation of Hub 4 would wipe off my hard fought for discounts on the account. 

Does anybody have experience of this? Who is right? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Hub 4 change of contract?

It may well mean taking a new contract. That’s usually the case when taking new hardware. But why would you want a hub4?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why indeed? I have little expertise in this area or even idea of what it entails but I do work at home and would like to guarantee good, continuous service. 

I was hoping to find someone who had a similar experience and with a positive experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If your connection isn't broke, dont try and fix it. It will end in tears.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@FFumbler wrote:

Why indeed? I have little expertise in this area or even idea of what it entails but I do work at home and would like to guarantee good, continuous service. 

I was hoping to find someone who had a similar experience and with a positive experience.

For good continuous service, whatever hub you have, put it into modem mode and run your own equipment. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Things often do with Virgin Media, don't they? They do so like snatch back those discounts too . . .

0 Kudos