Menu
Highlighted
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Update on my connection issues

Hey again. If you haven’t read my last post, go check it out - it’s me ranting about Virgin Media’s Hub 3.0 issues. 

Basically, for the past 8 or so months my connection drops around 20-50 times a day for 3-5 minutes at a time. It’s impossible for me to play games, watch things, even do homework. So six months ago an engineer came. He failed. Another came. He failed. Around 10 engineers have come now. All failed. Phones Virgin Media’s abusive helpline to finally give them a notice to cut the contract. But it’s not that simple.

The abusive person on the other end of the line said I must have 3 engineers visit in a month or pay £240 to cut the contract. If you didn’t get that the first time, the son of a b*tch said I need to get 3 engineers come in a month. So I’ve got one arranged for next week. I asked to book all 3 on consecutive days ( I know for a fact this issue cannot be fixed - 10 engineers have tried and failed) but they won’t let me. 

As soon as the 3 engineers come I’m going to have to wait another month to finally quit Virgin Media’s rubbish service.

As a word of advice to anyone else who experiences issues like this, tell them straight up that you want to give them a notice to cut the contract. They send 3 engineers to come in a month, and if they don’t fix it then you can cut the contract. Don’t do what I did. Don’t let 10 engineers come over the course of 6 months.

And no. Don’t ask for my hub stats. I know them inside out by now and would probably do a better job at fixing my router if I had the right equipment than these damned engineers.

Shame on you, Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update on my connection issues

Hi Voltrevex,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Voltrevex
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Believe me mate, tons of your engineers have come and they can’t fix the issue. The 3rd failed visit will come soon and after that I’m finally going to drop the contract with VM and be set free with BT.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My apologies,

Have we got another engineer visit booked in?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos