Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update my Hub

Hi, I have just started on a new deal - and was told that my internet Hub would be updated due to deal. I have not heard anything? is there a way of finding out please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Update my Hub

What Hub do you have ?

What is your new contracted speed ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I actually don't know - have had it for well over 4yrs - I have moved to the Ultimate Oomph Bundle. The person on the phone did state that it was due an upgrade a while ago - something to do with better wifi around the house?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speeds above 200Mbs require a Hub 3 or Hub 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I actually don't know 

So you want a new hub, even though you don't even know what you have at the moment?  Are you and Apple customer?  Excuse me the heat is making me intolerant. 

Turn the hub over, it'll have a reference number starting VMDG on the bottom - what's the number after VMDG?   Also, what speed are you on?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looking at pictures I think I have a Hub 3.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If its a Hub3 then if it gets swapped there will be no improvement in the wifi in your house (the Hub4 is no better) - is that what they told you on the phone? If its that old it may well be a Superhub 1,2,2ac.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos