cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted Virgin media signal from Arris group

Greying
Joining in

Since a speed upgrade an unasked for and unwanted signal has appeared in the 2.4ghz band. I was not informed this would happen, I don’t want it. I have no control over it and I want it gone. Two attempts were made by virgin media to get rid of it yesterday but it came back during the night. I can’t say how annoyed I am. I really want it stopped.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

The "Virgin Media" signal is a hotspot which be phased out by the end of this November.

There is an Hotspot opt in / out in the Virgin Media online account - that is, if it working !

Can you opt in / out from Hotspots using the VM Connect app ?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

The "Virgin Media" signal is a hotspot which be phased out by the end of this November.

There is an Hotspot opt in / out in the Virgin Media online account - that is, if it working !

Can you opt in / out from Hotspots using the VM Connect app ?

Sorry,

just getting used to this, Thankyou very much for your help with this. So far has solved the problem.Thanks again.

Client62
Legend

Just for info ...

The Virgin Media hot spot offered by the Hub has a additional data connection to our normal internet subscriptions and any VM customer that connects to the Virgin Media hotspot is totally unable to access any of our normal home internet devices.

Arris group ( a USA firm ) you will have twigged I am sure are the makers of the Hub 3 & 4.