Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unstable connection on both wifi channels, generally terrible Wi-Fi, awful customer support.

Hi,

I live in Nottingham and have the M350 broadband package for my home. The connection is incredibly unstable on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channel making working from home for me and my house mates nearly impossible. The connection is unstable no matter what your proximity to the router is and most frustratingly sometimes the connection is completely fine and then just randomly stops working.

I have been attempting to fix this problem for weeks and feel like I've done everything at this point within my power. I've been in a seemingly endless cycle of factory resetting my router to no avail, that being the only advice offered by the customer support on the website as far as I can tell. Additionally, I have tried not splitting the Wi-Fi channels and using the default settings, all this did was make the WI-FI completely unusable.

After scouring the website for a customer support phone number (Why was this so hidden? And why did I have to re-log in on every page I did this around 20 times!?) I have tried calling VM but been left on hold for literally hours.

I am at a loss at what to do at this point and at my wits' end with the customer experience provided by Virgin Media.

I wonder if anyone can help?

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable connection on both wifi channels, generally terrible Wi-Fi, awful customer support.

How are wired connections behaving?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable connection on both wifi channels, generally terrible Wi-Fi, awful customer support.

All the laptops in the house are mac books without ethernet ports and unfortunately my landlord refuses to fix our ethernet connections so am stuck using Wi-Fi on my desktop.

Haven't been able to test it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm difficult to troubleshoot then.

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos