cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable broadband

MrsP22
Tuning in

Hi 

Ever since signing up with Virgin when I moved to my new home, the broadband has been incredibly unstable. I get drops outs where the hub light flashes multiple times a day! If I ever call, I am told it is a problem in our area, this has been going on since November!! 
I checked reliability with the person I spoke to upon signing up and made it so clear that I work from home and need a reliable internet connection, which I was assured virgin could provide and he even said that if there were issues I could contact for a dongle to work via 5g. I mentioned this when last calling and was told this is not something which is provided, so I feel I was completely miss sold the product I have!

This is now affecting my job and yet again I cannot attend an important meeting due to having no internet!  

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MrsP22,

Thank you for your post. I'm so sorry to hear you've been having issues with your broadband service since November. I completely see your frustration with this.

I've had a look at our systems and can see that you have been able to speak with our team today, were they able to get things sorted for you?

Let us know if you still need help.

Beth

Hi 

No unfortunately this issue is still not rectified! I had an engineer attend on Friday who could find nothing wrong with the hub or anything within my property. Whilst he was here, he also had neighbours approach him to complain of the same issue. The technician said if I am still getting drops in connection that it is likely a network issue and I would need to get back in touch. Today I have tried calling and I just have an automated recording run tests then disconnect me and what’s app will not allow me to report the fault through there either. 
this has been going on for 2 months and really is not good enough and needs sorting! 

Hey MrsP22, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this I am sorry to hear this.

Since this post I can see you actually got through to our contact team.

Did they manage to get this resolved for you at all? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?