Menu
craigmc69
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unstable Zoom

we got virgin 1G installed to help with us all WFH but my partner, who spend nearly all day on video calls is experiencing terrible issues with zoom with "unstable internet connection" nearly all the time and she is busting me hard for changing from sky where we had no issues   She is about 4 feet through a wall from the Hub4 so Id like to think the signal isn't the issue

love some advise to get it sorted as 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Zoom

Use a wired connection instead of wifi

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
craigmc69
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

means drilling through wall with cable.  the point is surely that we should get a stable connection when paying £62 per month 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@craigmc69 wrote:

means drilling through wall with cable.  the point is surely that we should get a stable connection when paying £62 per month 

You need to test with a cable to see if it’s a WiFi issue or a broader connection issue.

VM provide no guarantees about WiFi performance.. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yup - if the connection is stable on a wired connection then you're getting what you pay for.

However, you do not pay for wireless speeds or connectivity/stability.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos