cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unstable Connection

c_mckevitt
Joining in

Hi,

Can anyone help me out - I work at home and at various times throughout the day will be on either Zoom or Team calls  and constantly face connection issues. The apps will tell me my connection is unstable and people will sound like robots. (Doesn't happen all the time)

I am using Wi-Fi and sitting quite close to the hub - paying for 200mb down but only occasionally get that speed. I've tried various Devices and still face the same issues.

Ive restarted my hub, changed channels, disabled multiple connected devices but always seem to have the same issue. I've contacted the virgin media support and they haven't helped - keep telling me my speeds are fine and there's no issues in the area.

What can I do? I moved from BT and was only getting 50mb down and never had any issues, but with virgin I constantly have network issues.

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter
  • try a wired (Ethernet) connection - is that okay?
  • set up a BQM
  • post the information off the hub status pages (power, errors etc.)
  • Consider getting your own premium wireless router and using it with the hub in modem mode
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @c_mckevitt thanks for your post and sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband at the moment.

I've ran some checks on your network, and there aren't any issues that can be identified - all your power levels, downstream and upstream levels are all within specifications so you shouldn't be experiencing any problems as things stand.

How are things on a wired connection via an ethernet cable? Can you run a speed test on a wired connection please?

Many thanks

Tom_W