Menu
23CLR
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unstable Connection - referred from Twitter

We currently have a thread with you on twitter about how unhappy we are with our wifi connection and your customer service (@FrancescaHyde1). Since purchasing our wifi in July, there has never been a time where it has worked to a satisfactory level. We are a house of Masters students who currently need the wifi to complete our degrees as everything is now online (which is causing us a LOT of stress). We have spoken to your customer service team and they have repeatedly told us to reset the router and go through all of the basic troubleshooting methods - none of these have worked. We also had an engineer visit in September to fix the external wiring, which has made little difference. We have now paid £320 for wifi that does not work, and the only solution your team has given us is to purchase more extenders/a router with a higher speed. We need this sorted ASAP.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Connection - referred from Twitter

Assuming your wired connections are all ok (are they?) VM will now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless equipment which will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either
(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unstable Connection - referred from Twitter

Morning 23CLR,

Welcome to the Community Forums - thank you very much for your post, we appreciate you coming here for help.

I'm very sorry for our delayed response from here, and for the broadband issues you've been facing. I can appreciate this must be causing a lot of unnecessary stress when trying to study for your degree. 

I've been able to locate your account and can see that there was recently an ongoing outage in your area which will have affected your broadband service.  This was reported as fixed yesterday and there aren't currently any more issues showing with your signal levels. Can you please confirm how things are now? If you do still need further assistance, we are here to help.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos