Menu
Rbh1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unrelibale Internet Connection

We have a Hub 3 and a TiVo box. Its wireless. When it goes down we get various different lights come on the hub but on the TiVo box theres two green lights and the second one always flahes.

We always get the TV channels but our landline goes down with the Internet connection.

Not sure you can help me with that info.

Sometimes we have Internet for a solid month and then we have long stints where the internet will only come on for peiords that range from 10 mins to up to 3 hours.

Please help, I need realiable/fast Internet to accommodate two people working from home. I suffer from severe aniexty and having to leave the house right now is causing me a lot of stress. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unrelibale Internet Connection

Just to clarify, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do devices connected on ethernet cables lose connection at the same time?

When you say "landline" - is that coming from connection to the Hub or an old style wall telephone point?

Also, have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos