Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable Wifi when using Zoom

Hi All,

Since working from home I am constantly having Wifi issues when using Zoom on my laptop. After several minutes the Wifi drops for a few minutes and then I have to reconnect. There doesn't appear to be an issue when I'm not on Zoom.

I have tried using a couple of different laptops and the same issue is occurring.

Can anyone advise on what I could possibly do to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable Wifi when using Zoom

You would resolve it permanently if you connect the laptop to the Hub by a Cat5e or better ethernet cable. Is that possible - just for the Zoom's perhaps?

If not it looks like you might need to improve your wifi signal at the location of the laptop.

What speed package are you on and what Hub do you have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for your response. 

I have connected via ethernet on a couple of occasions but unfortunately its not always ideal. 

I have considered buying a TP-link to improve the signal upstairs but the WiFi issue still occurs when I'm near the router with a strong signal. 

My speed is 100MB and I have the 3.0 hub

Sam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Probably down to the hubs overall poor wifi output.

You can fix that by getting a better router or mesh system and putting the hub into Modem Mode

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos