Menu
kt71
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unreliable VM Super Hub

I've been with Virgin Media for 7 years now and I still have the original Super Hub 2 that was supplied with my connection.  The hub is becoming more and more unreliable meaning that my connection drops and the only way I can get it back up is to reboot it.

My Hub has always been in Modem Mode as I use my own router and wifi kit, both of these parts have been upgraded over the years and I know for sure it's not my router or wifi access points.  When the connection drops it's always the Hub that needs to be rebooted to get it back on line.

Virgin Media seem incredibly difficult to get hold of, I want them to send me a new Hub but I can't seem to find a way of getting them to do that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unreliable VM Super Hub

you should report the drop outs as a fault and they will send an engineer out to replace the hub if needed
kt71
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response.  Am I being a bit dim or can I just not find how to report the fault?  Every time I use their phone helpline it just takes me through an automated process and then says there is no fault and ends the call.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

if you call back right after the automated message you should get though or you can wait on here for some vm staff to get to the post
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning kt71,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the fault with the hub. 

I've been able to access your account and can see that you've been able to order a new hub and this has been activated via Quickstart.

How is everything look? All good?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos