Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unidentified Network

Hi Guys,

I have a VM hub as my Primary router and I have connected an ethernet cable from Port 1 directly into my TPLink WAN port So that I have access to the outside world.......

Now, when I am connecting my laptop to the TPLink via Ethernet into one of its 4LAN ports I am getting unidentified Network No internet access.......... Ideally I need this resolving!!!

Because, my plans are -- VM router (P1) > TPLink (WAN Port) > Netgear Switch>  Then off load to different machine

Please can someone help

Brandon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unidentified Network

What model is the tp-link?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you got a router use modem mode.

What TP-link model do you have? maybe its got a problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The TP-Link model is
TP-LINK TL-WR841N WiFi 4 Broadband Router (300Mbps N)
You know the small 4port white one
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The thing is the primary router from VM SuperHub has active connections to it i.e CCTV and TV.

Now -- My option were, Connect a Ethernet from VM SuperHub Port 1 directly into the TPLinks WAN port. So that the TPlink can see and access the outside world........

Then connect another ethernet from a normal LAN port on the TPLINK directly into a NetGear Switch...
But, when I connect into the NetGear Switch to my laptop or connect directly to the TPLink I am getting unidentified Network No internet Access......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You need to set the TP-Link up in bridge mode if you’re keeping the virgin hub in router mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How do I do that? Whats the options or config
And, If I still keep the VM Router in Router Mode -- And put the TPLink into Bridge Mode would it still give internet access to my laptop or switch Via Ethernet?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Bottom of page 10: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202003/20200310/1910012767_TL-WR841N_V14_UG.pdf

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks -- whats the heading ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

...Access Point Mode

0 Kudos