Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unexpected engineer visit

Hi,

We recently had a Virgin engineer turn up at home, stating that there were problems in the neighbourhood with broadband.

My wife let him in and he adjusted something on the back of the home hub, and also outside.

Funny mean to sound paranoid, but in all the years I've been with Virgin, I've never known them to do protective works. He said that none of the broadband has been set up correctly and they were going around adjusting everyone's settings.

Was this a legit visit? 

If legit what was it that they're adjusting?

Postcode ky11. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unexpected engineer visit

I would say it was ok. Probably some noise ingress on the cabinet you are connected to and he was checking out all the end points. Might be an idea to speak to any neighbours who have VM.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi acolliar,

Welcome to the forums, It sounds like there was an area issue which the engineers may occasionally need access for.

I have taken a look and it seems there is an issue with FECS (noise) in your area. I have raised this to networks to investigate further. I will let you know once I know more. But it is likely this is what the engineer was originally looking for.

Speak to you soon.

Emma

All the best

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi acolliar, 

Just a quick update a fault has been raised ref F006527084 for SNR and FECS, the current review date is 17/09/2018. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you.

All the best,

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We had engineers call yesterday saying something about noise, said they needed to check inside, are they genuine ? We are at NN!0 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi tigerlilly,

If you have anyone coming to your door claiming to be from a company of any kind I'd always advise to ask for identification.

Are you aware of any outages you've been experiencing in the local area recently?

Click this link here to see if we are currently experiencing outages in your local area. 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

only issue is this  "You might find that you are not able to watch Drama. on your Virgin Media TV Catch Up, On Demand or TV Choice service at the moment."

They said something about a' noise' & VM would be in touch to make an appointment but haven't heard anything yet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tigerlilly.

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you currently having any issues with your services.

Many thanks.

Paul.

0 Kudos