cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to turn off parental controls

Emmiiiiiiiiiiii
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I recently got my WiFi set up and have found out parental controls were automatically turned on. I can't seem to turn them off on the hub itself and have tried to make a "myvirginmedia" account to do this but the account creation page has been broken for over 3 days and doesn't allow me to create an account (I don't already have one registered to my email.) How else can I turn this off? 

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emmiiiiiiiiiiii, 

Thanks for your post and it's great having you posting in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with registering for My VM and turning off your parental controls. 

To create your My VM account, please try deleting the cache and cookies of your browser and then click here

We are able to get things turned off for you this end in the meantime. To do that I will need to confirm some information with you and pass data protection. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Emmiiiiiiiiiiii,

Thanks for coming back to me via private message so quickly. 

I'm glad to hear that things are all resolved for you now and that you've been able to register your account and update your settings.

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs