cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to speak with human customer service ppl

Flameboyvm
Tuning in

It's really tough to get to a real human being to speak with about the issues I am having with my virgin media box. It keeps dropping connections, stops working, slow down.

I have to restart the box to get it working but it takes minutes to come back to life again. There is no other way to get it to work when these issues come up.

I have been trying the vm number from past few months but all it does is send me a link to click on to check the issue. If I have restarted the router, it says all fine and if I have not, it says there seems to be a problem and I should try again in few hours. BUT no way to contact someone to talk to and sort this thing out.

I am starting to loose trust in VM where they are loosing the human touch.

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Couple of things...
++++++++++++++
Can you check first for any “known network faults - try in 2 places

1) Try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum)

2) Then also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Then, if nothing shows on either of those.... are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related? Different solution pathways exist foe those 2 scenarios.

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Flameboyvm, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look at my side and everything is looking fine, your levels are really good.

Please can you let me know if this is on WIFI or a cable connection and what lights are on your hub? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for your post. I have checked the status and it says it's fine. The issue is with all the devices in the house, phones, tablets, PCs, Door-cam, etc. The ethernet cables are old age options and we rarely use them now. And the issue is with the connectivity, not the connection, if you get my point.

I don't know which hub it is.

HI @Matthew_ML  Thanks for reaching out. It depends on when you are checking the issue/status. At times, it tells me everything is fine and other time it says there is a problem and I should try again later.

Most of the devices in the house are wireless, phones, tables and even new PCs so I cannot keep checking on the cables.

The front light is orange and green flashing lights where cables are connected. No other lights.

Flameboyvm
Tuning in

Guys,

There are several issues with VM right now. Please read carefully before jumping with your solutions or asking further questions.

1. The main issue is that I cannot speak with a human who can listen the problem and then work on the solution. There is no way to reach to a customer service person to talk to.

2. The WiFi is very poor. One time it shows full strength and then it drops to lowest and at times zero signals at the same spot. Varies the strength at the same spot.

3. I have VM from more than a decade now so I know it's strengths and weaknesses so speaking from experience, the quality of this Hub 3.0 (just checked which one I got) the poorest I have ever seen. Previous versions had reach to my garage, which is at the back of the house but this new Hub 3 doesn't even reach to my kitchen, which is next to the room where the router is kept, let alone the garage now. Before some jumps on asking its location and what's around it - nothing has changed in the house or it's location or other devices around it.

4. At times, the connection drops completely and I lose the call I am having on the internet. I either go on mobile data or restart the hub to make it work which takes few minutes before I can resume the call or the work I am doing. When the connection is dropped, the orange light in the front of the hub is still there but no connection coming out of the hub.

So all in all, I am little frustrated right now with how VM has changed its practices, not letting customers to speak with their staff to look at the issues we are facing and get a solution for them. We don't always have times to surf the forums and websites to find solutions and wait for someone to respond. We need to talk to someone who can listen and then tell us what to do to solve the problem or do something about it.

Do you even have a number where we can call and talk to a human please?

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Flameboyvm,

Can I just apologise for the above issues
We can run a few tests from here and check on your equipment.
Sadly its not showing anything wrong, So I will need to send you a private message to gain account access and run further tests.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L