Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reconnect TV to Hub 3 over WiFi

I have a Samsung TV that was connected over WiFi to our Hub 3 - iPlayer, Netflix and Spotify etc all worked perfectly. 

This TV isn't our main TV and we don't use it all the time -  but when I switched it on a few days ago I could see that it wasn't connected to the internet. When doing a scan, my network is showing up with a full signal - but when I put the password in, it just won't connect. I have tried pairing via WPS but this also fails. I connected via ethernet and all worked ok.

I've been trying to understand why this is happening. The only thing that I can think of is that we recently had an ongoing area broadband that was on and off over a 6 week period. Internet has been stable for a couple of weeks now and wifi on all other devices anywhere in our house is spot on.

The one odd thing is that the light on the Hub 3 that always used to be really bright white, is now more of a dull yellow/green colour. Possibly a red herring??

Any suggestions welcomed to try and set my TV connected over WiFi again...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reconnect TV to Hub 3 over WiFi

Hello heavysoul

Thank you for you post, this is very strange! I am sorry to hear you have this issue, I have a few questions please?

What is the TV model number
Does it use a wireless network card or is this built in Wifi connection
Do any other devices struggle to connect?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

Hello heavysoul

Thank you for you post, this is very strange! I am sorry to hear you have this issue, I have a few questions please?

What is the TV model number
Does it use a wireless network card or is this built in Wifi connection
Do any other devices struggle to connect?

Thanks Joe_F

Hi Joe... the model number is - Samsung UE40MU6400 - I've had it 18 months.

WiFi is built in. It connected first time at setup and have not had a problem with watching iPlayer etc until now. 

All other devices - iPhones, iPads, laptops, Kindles, 4 x Sonos all connect without a problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks, I am unsure if you can give this a try for me just to rule out the actual WiFi on the TV, Are you able to maybe setup a hotspot from an iPhone or other device and see if the TV can connect to that, Just want to rule that out as an issue. 

Thanks Joe_F

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Joe_F wrote:

OK thanks, I am unsure if you can give this a try for me just to rule out the actual WiFi on the TV, Are you able to maybe setup a hotspot from an iPhone or other device and see if the TV can connect to that, Just want to rule that out as an issue. 

Thanks Joe_F

Now why didn't I think of trying that! So yes... just tried connecting to my iPhone hotspot - it won't connect!

So something going on with the TV then which I will need to investigate. 

Many thanks for responding so quickly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Joe_F wrote:

Thanks Joe_F

And a quick search re issues with Samsung TVs not connecting to WiFi found an easy solution... hold the standby button on the TV remote for 5 seconds which resets/reboots the TV! I then connected without any issues! YAY!! 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back with that resolution @heavysoul -hopefully that will help out other members of the Community that also may be having the same issue 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide