Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to perform wifi scan

Hi.

I am trying to scan my wifi in order to be able to get hold of a booster for the end of our house. In order to do this the app states that I need to "scan my wifi". However whenever it tries to do this it tells me it is unable. I have restarted the hub multiple times, disconnected and reconnected multiple devices and still it comes up with the same error message without any useful information as to what to do next. 

Any advice?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to perform wifi scan

Do you have to pay for it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The wifi scan? No it is part of the app 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gary meant... is the booster going to be free or are you having to pay £3/mo for them - if so - dont bother - get your own better quality wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh right I've got no idea - assume once I've managed to do the scan it'll tell me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don’t pay for the rental for the booster. Ever. 

Get your own better kit. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos