Menu
Gebs
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to order booster

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have had virgin broadband for a month, I told the engineer there was with no signal in my bedroom but I was told the connect app will help with ordering a booster. Since it was installed I haven’t been able to create a virgin media account to be able to use the connect app. After weeks of trying to get through to customer services and on hold for hours, I finally spoke to someone who said it would be escalated to IT and could take 5 days to fix. A week later still no text or email to say it had been sorted out, but after trying today I was able to create an account. 

Finally, I scanned my room which told me I need to order a booster, but it says registrations are closed. What can I do? So unsatisfied with virgin with not being able to get WiFi in my room and now over the cancellation period. 

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Superfast
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to order booster

No ISP will guarantee WIFI.  An ISP supplies the connection.  You can get your own powerline for around £25 or a mesh system for around £90+

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don’t guarantee Wifi per your contract.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
paultechy
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

as Richw1982 said other options can include:
1. buying your own extenders/booster would possible suggest Devolo
2. Adding access point onto hub this acts as a mini router which needs to be best wired to router
3. Buying better router like Asus/D-Link/Netgear etc..

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Gebs 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

As advised by others, we are not able to guarantee WiFi speeds, this is due to there being so many factors that can effect WiFi connectivity. 

Since your post was a little while ago, have you spoken with our customer care team to get this resolved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Gebs
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello, no I’ve haven’t gotten through to anyone yet, everything is automated when I call and leads me around in circles.  By replies given here it looks like I will have to pay for extra equipment to get WiFi in my bedroom. Not had to before with any other provider, if I had been able to create a virgin media account and been able to use the app within the cooling off period I would have found this out and stayed with my current provider.  Actually thought I would save money with virgin.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Gebs wrote:

Hello, no I’ve haven’t gotten through to anyone yet, everything is automated when I call and leads me around in circles.  By replies given here it looks like I will have to pay for extra equipment to get WiFi in my bedroom. Not had to before with any other provider, if I had been able to create a virgin media account and been able to use the app within the cooling off period I would have found this out and stayed with my current provider.  Actually thought I would save money with virgin.

It’s in your pre-contract that you sign and agree to as part of the T’s and C’s before agreeing to take the services. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Gebs
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s in your pre-contract that you sign and agree to as part of the T’s and C’s before agreeing to take the services. 

I’m still trying to find the bit where it says you won’t be able to create a virgin media account and use the connect app unless you spend hours on the phone trying to get through to customer services.

I guess it’s next to the part that says it will then take a week for IT to fix it, so that you can login to an app that may help with signal. That app then says that speed and signal is such an issue with customers that there are no pods or boosters left. 

My issue isn’t so much with how poor the hubs are, something which everyone agrees on in this post as they are so forthcoming with the makes to buy for decent coverage. It’s the farce of not being able to create an account and look at the features of ‘intelligent’ broadband before deciding upon cancelling or persevering.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You don’t need an account to see that they don’t guarantee Wifi or the terms of the (not so) intillegent Wifi  

You also don’t need an app to tell you that your Wifi is poor. The app also won’t help with the signal either.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gebs,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with ordering a booster. 

I have been able to locate your account and it does show that we have a a registered SNR fault in your area. 

The fault reference is: F008992709

The estimated fix date is: 04 MAY 2021 18:00

^Martin

0 Kudos