Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unable to order a WiFi booster

As title says I have a poor signal in the kids bedroom and app says to order a free booster, takes me to a login page then I just get a screen with ‘oops something went wrong’ been having issues with the WiFi up their for a while is there a way to order it without the app?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to order a WiFi booster

Are you sure it says free?

They are only free for those with a Gig1 connection and/or a Hub4

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, Gig1 is not available in in my area as yet, as for hub 4 I was told early next year to get upgraded to that. I have full house and m500 and was told by an advisor that it was free on my contract if you WiFi issue didn’t improve after a few problems with it dropping out.

thanks for the heads up if it is only free on gig1/ hub4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Advisor is mistaken. They changed the qualification a month or so ago. Only customers who have the Hub4 get them free - all others will be charged £3/month rental.

However, if you have written confirmation, or email or chat history, that shows that VM will have to honour it - worth trying.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, tbh don’t mind paying so the kids room has better WiFi. A few quid would be worth it for the peace 😂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@jbrennand wrote:
Advisor is mistaken. They changed the qualification a month or so ago. Only customers who have the Hub4 get them free - all others will be charged £3/month rental.

However, if you have written confirmation, or email or chat history, that shows that VM will have to honour it - worth trying.

Not if it was a non-contractual offer that was "whilst available" or "subject to change".

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Spurs2008 wrote:

Thanks for the info, tbh don’t mind paying so the kids room has better WiFi. A few quid would be worth it for the peace 😂

Then you may as well stump up the cash upfront for something better that you would own at the end of it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good point, I will have a look see what’s available if no joy from virgin. Still waiting for WiFi to be sorted from there end as it keeps dropping out as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

From there end?

Are wired connections dropping as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Are your ethernet cable connections working ok? Of you dont know - can you test one?
If it/they are fine then better wifi equipment is the way forward

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos