Menu
DavidG66
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to login to Hub3

Hello,

I am trying to login to my Hub 3 using the 8 digit password on the bottom of the router. But it states the password i am using is incorrect. I have checked and retried but doesnt work. I used the pinhole reset as well just in case it was corrupted in any way.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to login to Hub3

Can you login now, after the pinhole reset?

Pinhole reset done correctly?

Are you using the WiFi password by mistake?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
DavidG66
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for the reply, no it still doesn't work even after the pinhole reset. I am using the 8 digit numerical code, not the password to connect to the WiFi.

Any other ideas where i may be going wrong?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you do a 60 second pinhole reset?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

and not power cycle the hub. This is most important. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@DavidG66 wrote:

Hi - thanks for the reply, no it still doesn't work even after the pinhole reset. I am using the 8 digit numerical code, not the password to connect to the WiFi.

Any other ideas where i may be going wrong?

As suggested, redo the pinhole reset - press for 60 seconds and do NOT power down (some instructions are wrong).  Let it boot up for over 10 minutes and try login again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos