Menu
ukfamilyrobinso
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Unable to get Connect App to check for Blackspots

I have a 9.5Mbps Wi-Fi connection in one of our bedrooms and want to try and speed this up. I am trying to find out if I have a blackspot and whether I can get a booster. The Virgin Media Connect App will not work for me.

I have re installed the Virgin Media Connect App, rebooted my Hub 3 and turned off all Wi-Fi devices in the house except my Samsung Virgin Mobile. In the Connect App I have selected the following:-
 - "Broadband" from 2nd option on bottom of screen
 - "Scan for WiFi Blackspots" via 3 dots at top right
 - "Start Scan" on the "Scan your home - Let's check your hub first" screen
 - "I'm Ready" on the "Hub3 - First things first screen"
It then displays "Not working? Please make sure you're within 1 metre of your hub". I can get no further.
I have also tried the Virgin Media Connect App on an iPhone. It get's to the same screen and stops at the same point.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to get Connect App to check for Blackspots

VM no longer supply boosters, they supply pods. At the moment, it's not possible to order a pod through the app, you can only order them by calling in. 

There is no available stock at the moment, but you can register your interest here Last i saw they were expecting new stock at the end of this month..

if you are on an ultimate oomph or gig package then the pods are free.. if you're not, they cost £5 per month and are poor value, imho, and you're probably better off buying your own router/mesh system to sort out the wifi signal issues. 

0 Kudos
ukfamilyrobinso
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for coming back with such a helpful response so quickly, unfortunately the "Register you interest page" seem to have a problem. I have tried it from 2 different PC browsers and my phone and I get an error message when I press submit. "We're sorry, it looks like something went wrong".

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ukfamilyrobinso wrote:

Many thanks for coming back with such a helpful response so quickly, unfortunately the "Register you interest page" seem to have a problem. I have tried it from 2 different PC browsers and my phone and I get an error message when I press submit. "We're sorry, it looks like something went wrong".

It wouldn't be VM if teh website actually worked for everyone now, would it?! 🙂

Unfortunately, i guess you're stuck with calling in - given the general experience that people have when calling, i'd wait until someone here confirms that they are back in stock before you waste hours on hold.. no doubt you'd be told that you'll get a call back when they're back in stock, but i wouldn't hold my breath for it 😛

If you're eligible for a free one it might be worth waiting it out - if you're not though, consider buying yourself some better equipment - many people who visit these forums do exactly that and generally go away happy 🙂

0 Kudos
ukfamilyrobinso
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again, I believe I am eligible for a free pod so in the first instance I will look out for somebody saying they are back in stock.