Menu
RichGofor
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to contact Virgin Media

Hi, 

I have been phoning 150 and 0345 454 1111, both lines are dead and do not answer.

On the Virgin media website, there does not appear to be a Live Chat option.

The Wifi function on my Virgin Hub Router is not working (Internet via ethernet cable to router is ok).

The Network Diagnostic tool in the Virgin Hub tells me there is a problem with Wifi

Rebooted and Reset Hub several times no resolution .  It looks as if the wifi function is broken and a replacement Hub router is  required.

However I cannot get in touch with Virgin to confirm

Thank you for your Help

Regards

Richard

I

0 Kudos
technoking
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to contact Virgin Media

there is a live option but there taking ages as well been waiting in queue for over an hour 

check here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

0 Kudos
RichGofor
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Already tried the live Chat and the Chat Bot directed me to call 150 (tried that doesn’t connect) or download the App for the phone and ask for help. Tried that and just end up in a circle of FAQ

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What’s not working?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
RichGofor
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The issue appears to be with Internet access via wifi, rather than actual connection to the wifi.

It can happen in the same room as the router or in a remote room.  Distance does not appear to have an effect on this issue

On the device, the Wifi signal drops slightly (maybe 1-2 bar instead of full) but still connected. "No Internet" message is seen

At the same time other wifi devices may/may not also have no internet access (Mobile phone next to me registered 50Mbps, at the time my phone had no Internet access via wifi ??)

Happens on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz devices.   Devices running Ethernet cable still have internet.

Regards

P.S Finally got through to Virgin on 150.  The Operator said to to reset the router (Paper clip in the back job).  Did this but still the problem remains  

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Put the hub into modem mode with your own router or mesh system. Problem sorted.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos