Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect

Hi, can someone help I’ve recently changed my broadband provider but still have the TiVo box. It’s not letting connect the new router to the tv just coming up saying ‘invalid network settings’ can someone help please thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect

Tivo or V6?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tivo-v6

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s the V6 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Go to the online accounts page and ensure that you still have a TV package.

If you initially got signed up for a package of TV, Broadband & Phone they may have cancelled the lot.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I still have the tv package as I’ve not cancelled my internet yet only the phone line 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does your VM Broadband still work ?

Go into the V6 box settings and reconnect to the broadband from there.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried that, it’s connecting but saying ‘invalid network settings’ on the phone to virgin and they are telling us we need to have virgin media internet to use the v6?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you gone to your account on the VM Site to check ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Catherine941 wrote:

on the phone to virgin and they are telling us we need to have virgin media internet to use the v6?

I think that is correct - you have to have a Tivo with others BB and not a V6.  Someone else will confirm or not.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos