Menu
LT3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to wifi

I'm unable to connect to my virgin media wifi on devices that are not apple. Since getting virgin broadband several months ago my andriod phone has been unable to connect - it states "connected" but "no internet available" when I try to connect. I have since changed to an apple phone and this connects fine, as does Macbook and ipad. However my work laptop (windows) now has the exact same issue as my andriod phone had. It seems to accept the password and states "connected" but "internet not available". I have read and tried everything available on the Virgin website and app, restarting and rebooting hub, checking whether there are any local issues etc and nothing helps. The website advised me to get the phone app for further help but this again just takes me through the same options with no further help. I phoned the helpline and was just told to restart my hub again by an automated voice and hung up. I seem to be unable to actually speak to anyone from Virgin to further help. Any ideas? TIA

0 Kudos
len850p
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to wifi

Hello all. I have almost exactly the same problem connecting my android phone to my new Hub 4. My phone uses Android 5.1.1 but my wife's Android phone and tablet are later versions and they work fine. My Windows laptop also works fine. Can anyone help please.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Android 5 is long past its useful life

With the release of Android version 10, Google has stopped support for Android 7 or earlier. This means that no more security patches or OS updates will be pushed out by Google and Handset vendors as well.
0 Kudos
LT3
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My phone is an up to date Samsung s8 so I wouldn’t imagine that it’s too old for most WiFi? Update... finally managed to get through to virgin after an age on hold, spoke to someone who asked me to hold for 5 minutes while they spoke to a third party, gadget rescue ? After a further 45 mins on hold I got cut off...

0 Kudos
len850p
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. But does that really explain why it won't connect to a Hub 4 when it worked perfectly on a Hub 3?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

pretty much., newer hub newer protocol. different hardware
0 Kudos
len850p
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks apcyberax, looks like I need to raise some funds for a new phone. Cheers.

0 Kudos