Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to connect to internet

I am unable to connect to the internet, though there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong the router end. Provisioning state is online, both the downstream and upstream channels are locked, network access is allowed, cannot see anything in the router’s network log.

DNS not working

Trace route to 213.105.9.24 (virginmedia.com) fails. Looks like network gateway has failed somewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to connect to internet

Please PM me your account number and postcode and I will have a look into it for you.

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Please send me a private message with your account number, area code and the serial number of the modem and I'll have look for you.
Thanks
Rob

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

First, I have to direct you to the self help page here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband

It sounds like you are quiet savvy with technology so I'm sure you've tried the usual turning the modem off and back on etc. 

One thing that can help is to actually reset the device. 

If you follow the link here, it lists instructions on how to do this. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub

Resetting the equipment will force it to reestablish a connection and should solve any usual issues. 

If this doesn't solve the problem, you can contact the team via the text service on 07533051809. 

I hope this helps 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have sent you my info via PM.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have reset the device. Running diagnostics (still not internet connection). My gut feeling is telling me that a router within the virgin media network for my area is down, consequently not route to internet. My end is perfectly fine. Doubt it’s the cabinet (though could be, there have been cases of a loose connection in the cabinet before). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As a note, I have got an IP address (DHCP) from the gateway (82.20.47.1). Unable to connect to internet so I suspect the gateway is unable to connect. It’s nothing my end, the issue is somewhere with the gateway. 

Trying trace route to virginmedia.com (via iPhone address which I looked up on the phone), no connection to anywhere. So it’s unable to connect to the next hop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just a FYI, it’s all back up and running. Something external (no idea what. Probably affected the area). 

0 Kudos