cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to home WiFi on iPhone 12 Pro Max

rosecherished
On our wavelength

Just upgraded to 12 Pro Max from XS. My XS model (unlocked) connects to my home WiFi with either my UW (EE) sim or my giffgaff (O2) sim. The 12 Pro Max will only connect to WiFi by booster regardless of which sim is in the handset.

Have reset network settings on iPhone & force restarted it. Have rebooted & factory reset VM hub 3.0

12 Pro Max has no VPN settings nor any Profile under that. I have tried to change home network away from private settings in case that makes a difference - it doesn’t

My XS connects no problem.

Not sure of anything else to try as all IT equipment is up to date too

Grateful for any assistance. TIA

18 REPLIES 18

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Reset the network settings on the phone 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Already said I’ve reset network settings & iPhone several times

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

There’s no reason why if wouldn’t connect.

Speak to Apple. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Easier said than done! At pains to let them know the fault is with this handset not cellular or broadband network connections - need a Genius Bar appointment really

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rosecherished wrote:

Easier said than done! At pains to let them know the fault is with this handset not cellular or broadband network connections - need a Genius Bar appointment really

What actually happens when you try to connect?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

WiFi has nothing to do with what SIM you have in.

What are you trying to do on the 12 Pro - is it just connecting to the internet on your Hub's wifi - or are you trying to do phone calls over wifi?

Did you restore the 12 Pro from a backup of the XS from the "cloud" - if so - should be no issues - all the settings will be the same.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yes I know WiFi has nothing to do with sim

Yes trying to connect to hub

Yes I restored from back up of XS

12 Pro Max only connects to booster. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@rosecherished wrote:

What actually happens when you try to connect?

I get unable to connect message.

Occasionally I get message saying error might be to do with hub being set as private address. So I take that off, attempt to connect again and still says unable to connect 

Handset connects to hub booster but that intermittently loses internet connection