cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect Philips hue bridge

Tobyn
On our wavelength

i can not get my hue bridge to connect to my hub. I’ve tried a different ethrantet cablemao I know it’s not that. I’ve tried both cables in different sockets on the hub so I know it’s not that. I’ve tried turning it all off and on again and also did the reset on the hue bridge so I know it’s not that. I even brought a new bridge just incase the first one is faulty but I have the same issue. Can get two lights on but not the 3rd ( light which indicates it’s connected to the internet ). With out this it’s unable to connect to app.????

9 REPLIES 9

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Are you able to make other connections to the VM hub via an ethernet cable (such as PC or a laptop etc.)?

If you log into the VM hub, when you have the hue bridge plugged in, does the hue bridge appear in connected devices in the hub's admin pages?

Tobyn
On our wavelength

Yep other things work such as hive and the bridge does show as connected in the connect app

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you have web safe filtering in place on your VM connection?

Tobyn
On our wavelength

I would have absolutely no idea what that even is. I basically have a hub plugged in to the wall and that’s it. I have no third party software of anything such as a VPN running 

BillBudd
Superfast

If you logon to "my Hue" there is a page where you can see the status of the bridge - does it say "connected"?

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, TNT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP.

Tobyn
On our wavelength

It’s a hub 3.0 by the way 

Tobyn
On our wavelength

It’s a hub 3.0 by the way if that helps

Tobyn
On our wavelength

No because bridge itself is not connected to internet 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Tobyn wrote:

I would have absolutely no idea what that even is. I basically have a hub plugged in to the wall and that’s it. I have no third party software of anything such as a VPN running 

VM web safe is a content filter on VM connections. It sometimes stops devices connecting. After looking up some past forum posts, and online, seems less likely to be that.

Issues mentioned online suggest at the bridge not getting an IP address reliably/correctly. This YT clip mentions reserving an IP address on the hub might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtOzlILY5zs

I don't have a VM hub to call up the relevant pages to assist with describing this.

And this page suggests setting a static IP on the bridge

https://huetips.com/help/how-to-find-my-bridge-ip-address/

If someone moves your topic to the 'Networking and Wifi' forum you should get some help over there from forum regulars with the necessary info to assist.