Menu
Lauren82
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to access work sites

For the past three weeks I've been unable to access some of my work websites, these are sites that require me to enter my work credentials to access. I've worked at home throughout lockdown with no issues, I haven't changed my laptop or router and now suddenly I can't access these sites

When I now try to access I get a message saying the site can't be reached, this is happening on all devices when I use my home wifi, I can't connect to these sites through VPN as this doesn't connect either. I can connect to these sites when I use mobile data, I have no issues with other websites or connecting to these sites in other locations or when at work. 

On my third phone call to virgin media today (nearly two hours long) I just got passed through various departments where the final conclusion was they couldn't see any reason why the sites would be blocked. One person I spoke to said that they could try something but only the account holder could authorise it however as this is my husband and he was at work they couldn't try it, then I was just passed to another department.

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to access work sites

Put hub in modem mode with a PC connected get that working then try website.

Hub Modem Mode | Virgin Media

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Lauren82
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes that works, thank you. Does that narrow down as to why the wifi won't connect?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could be your IP in router mode is blocked at the site.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos