Menu
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Ooomph customer no internet, no engineer for almost 5 days

I've had no internet for over 24 hours and all attempts to fix remotely by several service agents have failed. My understanding was that being an ultimate Ooomph customer I was promised an engineer "next day"? That's what it says on the Virgin Media website under "Our Promise". I've been booked an engineer to attend almost 5 days after the issue started, is that right? All the agents I've spoken to have denied that the "next day" engineer is even something that Virgin Offer. Could one of the forum team look in to this for me please as I'm pretty unhappy about this as I'd expected a better service considering how expensive the Ultimate Ooomph package is.

My router stats (if it's relevant)

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranging
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Update in progress
undefined
Provisioning State

Downstream bonded channelsChannel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) SNR (dB) Modulation Channel ID
13390000004.538256 qam26

Downstream bonded channelsChannel Locked Status RxMER (dB) Pre RS Errors Post RS Errors
1Locked38.90

0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Ooomph customer no internet, no engineer for almost 5 days

Upstream bonded channelsChannel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID

Upstream bonded channelsChannel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

General Configuration
Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file

Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate

Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate
Max Traffic Burst
Min Traffic Rate
Max Concatenated Burst
Scheduling Type
0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Network Log

Time Priority Description

01/01/1970 00:09:54criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:09:53Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:08:28criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:08:27Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:07:13criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:06:43Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:05:31criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:05:29Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:04:8criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:04:6Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:03:0criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:02:57Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:51criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:49Warning!Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:44criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:05:27criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:05:26Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:03:36criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:03:33Warning!B-INIT-RNG Failure - Retries exceeded;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
01/01/1970 00:01:38criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

There is no Service Level Agreement on fix times for a Residential package. You have to be on a Business package for that.

See if its a "wider" problem - try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. If there is an issue you get the option to "start: the compensation timer with a key press

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The next day engineer promise is on most pages that mention the ultimate oomph bundle, for example:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/all-in-one

Go all in with our
Ultimate
bundle

• Over 280 channels including Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema HD, BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD our new Virgin TV 360 experience
• Virgin TV 360, our fastest-ever TV experience, with super-clever Voice Search and Control plus personal Profiles
• Our fastest widely-available fibre, with average download speeds of 516Mbps
• Superfast Truly Unlimited SIM
• A next-day broadband technician will sort any issues

OR

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?oomph=on

Next Day Engineer

Who is eligible for a next day engineer?

Anyone with the Ultimate Oomph bundle is eligible for the service.

When do I need to contact Virgin Media to ensure a next day appointment is available?

Call before 7pm Monday to Friday for a next day appointment. If you call on Saturday, the engineer will be booked for the following Monday.

Which time slots are available?

There are two, 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm.

Am I entitled to compensation if I cannot book a next day engineer?

Occasionally, poor weather or illness may create unavoidable circumstances, so our next day engineer is not part of our automatic compensation scheme. However 99% of the time, an engineer can be with you the next day.

Will I always have an engineer sent out for all faults?

We’ll always try to fix any problems immediately, but if it’s not something we can solve remotely, we’ll send an engineer.

I called in the fault on Friday at about 4pm. I've to date not had anybody even acknowledge that a next day engineer promise even exists despite offering to send them the direct links to Virgin's website whilst talking to the agents on the phone!

0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Read my other reply as I beg to differ.

0 Kudos
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

That's weird, my other post has gone? Did a mod delete it?

All I posted was a link to the Virgin website where it states very clearly that they promise a next day engineer visit for Ultimate Oomph customers.

httpx://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?oomph=on

Next Day Engineer

Who is eligible for a next day engineer?

Anyone with the Ultimate Oomph bundle is eligible for the service.

When do I need to contact Virgin Media to ensure a next day appointment is available?

Call before 7pm Monday to Friday for a next day appointment. If you call on Saturday, the engineer will be booked for the following Monday.

Which time slots are available?

There are two, 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm.

Am I entitled to compensation if I cannot book a next day engineer?

Occasionally, poor weather or illness may create unavoidable circumstances, so our next day engineer is not part of our automatic compensation scheme. However 99% of the time, an engineer can be with you the next day.

Will I always have an engineer sent out for all faults?

We’ll always try to fix any problems immediately, but if it’s not something we can solve remotely, we’ll send an engineer.

I contacted them about 4pm on Friday but wasn't even offered this option and the agents I spoke to denied such a promise even existed!

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

OK - I hadn't seen that - someone else needs to comment - I am not on that bundle.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No faults according to the online or phone status checkers btw. Pinhole reset done, all cables checked and re tightened.

0 Kudos