cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two routers?

whoareyou
Dialled in

Hi,

When I moved into my house the wifi was installed into the bedroom. 
I got the virgin installers to put a splitter on the downstairs cable so I have TV and Internet in the front room. 

Would it be possible to add a second router to the bedroom using the original installation?

Thanks 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@whoareyou wrote:

Hi,

I got the virgin installers to put a splitter on the downstairs cable so I have TV and Internet in the front room. 

Would it be possible to add a second router to the bedroom using the original installation?

Thanks 

Not another hub no.

You can run some Ethernet cabling to the bedroom and install a wireless access point.

Or get a mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

You could try powerline adapters.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@whoareyou wrote:

Hi,

Thanks 

Not another hub no.

You can run some Ethernet cabling to the bedroom and install a wireless access point.

Or get a mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

sophist
Trouble shooter

Not without paying for a second account.  You're better off buying an access point and running an ethernet cable to the location you want the second router.

Alternatively, if you don't fancy running cables, you could look into buying a wireless mesh system which do broadly the same thing (at a cost of some performance) but without the wires. 

You could try powerline adapters.

whoareyou
Dialled in

Thanks for the replies and info