Menu
Hells76
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Turning off wifi

Is it possible to turn off the wifi at night ? To try and stop my kids playing in their consoles at all hours ? Also my sons computer has the modem plugged into it as he’s a gamer so uses it plugged in for faster Internet so am I right to think that it wouldn’t effect him as he’s not technically on the “wifi” if this is the case then it’s not going to work 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Turning off wifi

You need to look at Mac filtering in the advances settings

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mac-filtering#hub3orhub4

I'm not currently at the computer right now to login and look properly but I do beleice you can add the consoles and PC's Mac addresses to the hub and block them at certain times.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When my kids was younger thats what i did.

First i put all the kids devices on the 2.4GHz band.  Mine and the wifes was on the 5GHz band.

At 22:00 until 07:00 the 2.4GHz band would turn off. So no kids WIFI.

Also did this around 16:00 until 18:00 when they got home from school.

This was setup on my external router.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
g0akc
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In theory you can pause devices - but the app is full of bugs so not recommended

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos