cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port forward with two routers ( 3.0 Hub )

DylanPackham
On our wavelength

Hello, I've recently set up a 2nd router for wireless VR gaming, but since then I've realised that my port forwarding has been messed up. I've followed some tutorials online, and have got the ports working on my 2nd router (the one which connects between my 3.0 hub and PC), however I'm having some difficulty with the 3.0 hub ports.

The guides I have followed tell me to port forward from Router 1 to Router 2, and to change the IP I'm porting forward to to Router 2's External IP. I can't seem to do this though, as the IP is locked into a certain format, which Router 2's external IP doesn't match. 

Am I going about this wrong? or is there a way to unlock that local IP section so that I can enter any IP? 

DylanPackham_0-1660318597923.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@DylanPackham wrote:

Am I going about this wrong? 

Stupid guides telling you to do this with router 1 then router 2 many go round with NAT.

Just use the new router AS a router and put the hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You should really be using a wireless access point as two routers will always give double NAT issues. Check if your 2 router can be setup in access point mode rather than router mode.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@DylanPackham wrote:

Am I going about this wrong? 

Stupid guides telling you to do this with router 1 then router 2 many go round with NAT.

Just use the new router AS a router and put the hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thankyou, I'll try this out.