Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Trying to get booster and

Hi I rang 3 days ago to order a booster - only because you don’t let us do it online. After 45 minutes on the phone, having been told by your website I could get it for free, I was told I couldn’t; i would have to pay, that your website didn’t have the most up to date information about my account and was unreliable. I was also told that if I signed up to a contract there and then I couldn’t make a complaint about it after and attempt to get my money back. Besides it being hugely concerning that you, according to your staff don’t keep my data up to date in line with basic data protection law and then being given information that is clearly inaccurate I was then cut off!
We rang the following day and were told we couldn’t just order it and that you needed to raise a complaint to do that. We are still waiting for you to sort out ordering the booster we need and still waiting for the promised reply “within 48 hours” that has magically not occurred. We have been working from home since March and it is only in the past few weeks that we have needed to consider this because the strength of your internet has deteriorated dramatically. Instead of sorting it out quickly for us, you have messed us about, given us incorrect information about contracts (there exist something called “cooling off periods” which your salesperson should have been aware of before giving me information to the contrary on a sales call...) and we still don’t have a resolution 3 days later. There is literally nowhere we can go to and yet we pay a not inconsiderable sum for a service that seemingly doesn’t care and seemingly thinks we will just accept it! I need better broadband than you are providing to do my job. I am hoping someone on the community can help or that those considering signing up to broadband will heed the warning of poor service and broadband that drops out regularly when you least need it to! 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to get booster and

Paragraphing helps.

Boosters aren’t free unless you have a Hub4 and/or the Gig1 service.

That being said they’re not good even for free so you’d do better investing in your own equipment. 

Wifi speeds and connectivity are not guaranteed and as such are not covered under your contract or speed guarantee.

If you need broadband for work with stricter SLA’s then look at taking out a business broadband package. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

that is a bit of an unnecessarily rude response not to mention factually inaccurate and full of incorrect assumptions Gary. 
1) for one, paragraphs were included but disappeared in the posting. 
2. I know boosters aren’t free on all contracts but I do expect that when I look into it and am informed they are free under my contract a promise is made it is kept and that is what did not happen.
3) It is not about the Wi-fi speed it is about the internet dropping out completely which is covered under all contracts or what is the point of paying money for it? 

Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Knares wrote:

that is a bit of an unnecessarily rude response not to mention factually inaccurate and full of incorrect assumptions Gary. 
1) for one, paragraphs were included but disappeared in the posting. 
2. I know boosters aren’t free on all contracts but I do expect that when I look into it and am informed they are free under my contract a promise is made it is kept and that is what did not happen.
3) It is not about the Wi-fi speed it is about the internet dropping out completely which is covered under all contracts or what is the point of paying money for it? 

Dropping completely including Ethernet connections?

Which paragraph/section in your contract states you are provided boosters FOC?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos