cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get back to 5G SSID on Hub 3

OLD_BOY_ASKING
On our wavelength

I have just had an engineer relocate my hub 3 downstairs but now I am connected to 2.5G when I actually need 5.2G.

I am trying to switch back to 5.2G but I have absolutely no idea how to do this. I’ve tried to access the hub by the internet using 192.168.0.1, but it won’t even accept my WI-FI password.

Is there not a straight forward way to do this without calling up VM again?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

When accessing the Hub menus at http://192.168.0.1 the Hub 3's password is the numeric password printed on the bottom side of the Hub - this differs from the Wi-Fi password.

I'm confused as to why you now can't connect to Wi-Fi on 5Ghz, is the because the Hub is now located further away from your device ( e.g. in a different room or on a different floor ).  If that is the case it may be the 2.4Ghz signal has good quality, but the 5Ghz signal quality is too poor to use. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As @Client62 above.  The 2.4Ghz wifi signal penetrates objects better at distance but with a slower speed, and the 5Ghz wifi signal penetrates less distance, but is faster.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much, Client 62! I’ve managed to fix it and everything seems to work! It’s easy when you know how!

Good to know, thank you, Adduxi. However, my pods won’t work on 2.5 and my TVs don’t connect as they should either. On 5.2, they work perfectly.

I have disabled the 2.5 now so it will always connect to 5.2. At least I know how to change it if I need to!