Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Trying to cancel after months of poor service speeds

Great tactics from Virgin to make it nigh impossible to leave them!

I have been a customer for over 9 years and they still treat you with complete disregard for your money!

I have had issues all year with BB speed, i have (sorry pay for) 350MB, last night the speed was so poor we disconnected from the router and tethered the phone on 4G. Trying to technical help is impossible, past from pillar to post to be asked are you the account holder? Are you at home now? Can you confirm the account number? Argghhhh

Finally got through to Lewis in the Scotland care centre, kindly explained i had too many devices connected, yes we do have lots of devices, for example 5 TV's (all turned off 95% of the time), 5 amazon devices (only 1 used at any 1 time) etc etc...as if its the customers fault for 3MB speeds!

BT are offering 900MB at £60 per month now, going to give them a go (if i even manage to cancel with Virgin) and im sure they will apprecitate the new business as many flock away from Virgin

Argghhhhhh

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trying to cancel after months of poor service speeds

I agree with you 100%. I've had issues ever since I received the new virgin Hub. I spent hours on the phone being passed from pillar to post. Was told that the could fix the issue that their kit was causing but because I have Sky TV, not Virgin TV, I would have to pay for them to fix their kit. Fuming, declined the offer and asked to escalate and make a formal complaint. Was told someone would call me back. Im still waiting 6 weeks later and still have a rubbish service which I pay £54 per month. Grrrr

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Virgin do not promise or guarantee wifi speeds.
Your contractual speeds are based on a device capable of achieving them via a wired connection.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Fair point, i should settle for 3Mb rather than 350Mb and stop moaning, thanks for the help 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

So what do you get with a wired connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Not too sure, just on amazon now looking for the correct cables for the below devices, please send me the link if you can help though

Ring Camera, Iphones, Ipads, Kindle, House Alarm, Next heating, Alexa Speakers...etc

Im happy with 3MB now though the speeds are not Guaranteed, i just presumed they would be close to the 350Mb im charged for everymonth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You're "charged" for speeds to the hub and wired speeds from compatible devices...

To rule out any other issues you need to speedtest with a wired device.

--

"https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/speeds

If the actual download speed you received to your Virgin Media Hub during the test period falls below our ‘minimum guaranteed download speed’ for 3 days in a row (continuously or intermittently), we’ll confirm that there’s a speed fault, and if we can’t fix the issue within 30 days of your report, you may be eligible to leave us without paying an early disconnection fees.

Don’t forget, our minimum guaranteed download speed is to your Virgin Media Hub, not the device you’re using WiFi on. Even when using a wired connection, some older devices might not support our fastest speeds."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Brill news, as only my central heating system is connected via hard wire at least i know this will be connected when i leave the house...

Wireless devices are so outdated anyhow...

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

🙄

Put the hub into modem mode and use your own router or mesh system if you rely on wifi so heavily.

What do you expect from a cheap mass-produced ISP hub?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all the helpful comments, i suppose if im only paying £60 a month for 3Mb speeds its my fault for being poor...apologies, i presume you pay thousands of pounds for your service a month. Do Virgin offer a higher price i could pay?

Apologies!

0 Kudos