cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble ordering Wi-Fi pods

KGoogle22
Joining in

Just had my broadband installed and the engineer said I could order my pods through the connect app but it’s saying my connection is fine although it’s 40mbs in my bedroom I’m paying for 1gb , can’t get through by phone can anyone here help my order some please 

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you are getting the VM Wifi guaranteed speed (30 Mbps/room) from the Pod.

If you want better - get your own better quality router/wireless equipment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

No I haven’t ordered the pods yet that’s the problem 

KGoogle22
Joining in

Anyone can help me ? 

If you have the 1gig package you are entitled to WiFi pods to help improve the signal throughout your house.

Open your account on the Virgin Media app and select "My Package"

There should be a tab to order pods

I only have the change my package option which sends me to the live chat 

Do that, then invariably it says its busy then you get an option for WhatsApp chat.

If you have WhatsApp on your phone or PC then that option does work

I got sorted by that route when I wanted an additional pod

Hi @KGoogle22 

Thanks for posting, welcome back to the community and to Virgin Media.

I am sorry to hear of any WiFi issues. 

I can see that since posting, you've spoke to the team and ordered a Pod.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

This link will help though if you do have any issues: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill