Menu
SteveDonovan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Trouble connecting VOIP phone to Hub 3.0

I've been sent a Cisco VOIP phone by my employer for working from home, but struggling getting it to work.

My IT dept have been assisting and we've been looking at the hub settings online.  The phone is definitely connected to the network - we can ping the phone successfully, and when looking in the DCHP settings we can see that the phone is seen by the network in the Attached Devices list, and listed on screen as being connected the the router by ethernet.

However, there seems to be something blocking the signal allowing the phone to connect properly to the system.  Any help would be much appreciated.

I notice in the Hub Status overview that under Telephone, it's showing greyed out, and 'Telephony Disabled' is showing.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Trouble connecting VOIP phone to Hub 3.0

The hubs don’t allow SIP through them sometimes. You’ll need to put the hub into modem mode and use your own router that supports it.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos