cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total outage for 3weeks

Neiluspenfold
Joining in

Total outage for 3 weeks due to damaged cable outside my property from gas works . Totally unacceptable customer services . Tried to terminate my contract to be told I owe £275 because they have a policy that they have 30 days to fix the line .  In current climate with people having contract employment for hybrid working and WFH having internet is as important as the main utilities of gas,elec and water . Pretty sure I wouldn't have got wait 30 days for that to be fixed.  

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Is the cable damage out in the street or on your own property?

You should start keeping a detailed record of events (dates, times of all calls, messages, texts etc. along with any missed appointments and failed appointments where someone turns up but no work was carried out). Keep the record in a timeline format with links from the timeline to each piece of recorded evidence. This will make it easy for you in the future to put forward a case to arbitration for the correct compensation, should that be necessary.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Neiluspenfol 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear the cabling that connects you to our network has been damaged by a gas company performing work. I appreciate and understand the need for your internet connectivity, however, damage to our network that is out of our control and unforeseen may have delays in being repaired.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can assist you further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ