cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of service and connectivity

Philjdj
Joining in

Hi there

Yesterday appeared to be a total meltdown and loss of service was everywhere, all of my devices fell off the router and wouldn't re connect apart from my laptop. 

This morning is a totally different story, no internet and no devices at all will connect. 

Even more worrying is that my router will not return to factory settings at all despite doing all variations of a factory reset with the reset button.

I can still see the two networks being the 2.4 and 5 (which I separated for my 2.4 devices). So it’s clear it hasn’t reset. 

I can’t even jump on the router using 192.168.0.1 anymore… 

We are now in a state where I can’t even work as our phone signals are terrible in the area so can’t even hotspot, I have no security around the home anymore… 

All help appreciated 

6 REPLIES 6

lotharmat
Community elder
How have you tried to factory reset it?

It needs to be on with only the power cable and coax connected

Then use a sim-removal tool / paperclip to press the tiny reset button - you should feel a click - hold it for about 20 seconds, then release.

All manner of lights should start flashing / changing colour etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi 

Thank you for the response. 

I’ve tried that and nothing happens. 

😊

Do you feel the click when you press it at all?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi there 

Yes, I do… 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Philjdj,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Hub and connection, this is strange.

I've checked this end and there are no outages in the area, however your Hub uptime is showing as quite high, meaning that it has not been properly rebooted for a while. Can you please try turning the Hub off at the wall socket for at least 30 seconds before turning it back on?

Also, you mentioned that you're able to see the network SSID on your devices - are you able to connect, or when you try to connect, do you get an error?

Lastly, what lights are showing on your Hub please?

Thank you

Beth

Hi there

All is sorted. 

An engineer came out and replaced the router. 

No amount of rebooting was ever going to fix this router.

Never mind though.