Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Total Broadband Failure Twice in 5 Weeks

So I've been with Virgin for 5 unacceptable weeks. Today is the second time in those 5 weeks our service has had a total failure, green wifi light stable, other green light flashing. Last time I tried everything and could not resolve it, rang Virgin and it was 2 days before they could get an engineer out. This again is just not good enough, I need my internet for work so that's 2 days I'm screwed. Engineer came out, fixed it within 5 minutes, said the cable had "split".

Today, happened again, suddenly it's just gone. Currently I've been on hold to Virgin 1 hour waiting to speak to somebody, took this long last time too. Completely unable to work. BOTH times this has happened we've seen a BT engineer in the area then its suddenly went off, for whatever reason this engineer appears to be disconnecting our house (I've checked with friends in the area on Virgin and theirs works fine). (Marked as non-issue due to feedback)

What am I meant to do here exactly? My internet keeps having complete failure, getting through to virgins service is a complete failure taking me over an hour at a time and then when I do they seem to think me having several days of no internet is good enough when it isn't at all. I can't keep having this level of terrible service when I use my internet for work and need it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Engineer Disconnecting Service

Hello

This will have nothing to do with BT as Virginmedia do not use the BT Openreach network, VM use their own infrastructure which only can be accessed by VM's own engineers, BT do not have the access to VM equipment.

If you require a defined SLA (Service Level Agreement) maybe being on a residential service isn't for you and you would be better off with Virginmedia Business who at least have a SLA, where the Residential service doesnt.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Could you be on the LLU (Local Loop Un-bundling) method of supply where the service is provided via the BT network?

OR

Have you a dedicated Virgin Media cable install?

All is Calm
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

This will have nothing to do with BT as Virginmedia do not use the BT Openreach network, VM use their own infrastructure which only can be accessed by VM's own engineers, BT do not have the access to VM equipment.

If you require a defined SLA (Service Level Agreement) maybe being on a residential service isn't for you and you would be better off with Virginmedia Business who at least have a SLA, where the Residential service doesnt.

Regards Mike

So the BT information is great.

However the rest is again just not really good enough from Virgin, are you saying my internet having total failure TWICE within 5 weeks of being a customer is good enough for any customer? That unless you have a business SLA this is an okay service to provide to anyone? Considering the current "SLA" I've agreed as a residential customer only factors in working days, I'll do the same with this calculation.

Out of the 28 working days I've been a customer I've had 3 days of no internet, that's a 10% failure rate. How can this be acceptable to any customer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Ann_Droid wrote:

Hi

Could you be on the LLU (Local Loop Un-bundling) method of supply where the service is provided via the BT network?

OR

Have you a dedicated Virgin Media cable install?

I've marked the BT stuff as a non-issue after the feedback, just seems odd its whenever they've been in the area. The rest is still unacceptable really, second total failure since I joined late September.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Outages/maintenance happen with all and any ISP.
What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:
Outages/maintenance happen with all and any ISP.
What does the service status page show?

Again, the issue is being skirted here completely. This isn't normal acceptable levels, within 5 weeks I've had two total failures, with no explanation as to why, the latest one has no ETA of a fix, and when I asked to speak to a manager I was told they'd call me back within 2 hours, that was over 2 hours ago.

This entire circumstance is completely unacceptable, the service has been dreadful, and I'd urge anyone who stumbles upon this to take their business elsewhere. Virgin media

• Cannot provide an adaquate service
  • Cannot provide a reason why its failed
  • Lied about a manager being back in touch
  • Have queues over >1 hour to speak to somebody
  • Has had two total failures spanning 3 days in the 5 weeks I've been here
  • Say my service has "No known issues" even AFTER I report an issue
  • Can give me no ETA as to when it will be back up

The list goes on and on and on. Why is any of this being defended as if it's acceptable customer service? Nobody can answer me that, just tell me vague "failures happen". Well if my service is constantly in a failed state is that fine, hey I mean I haven't asked for a business acount and failures happen so why should anyone care?

Utterely. Ludicrous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You can either request assistance here, or post your rants on Twitter/Facebook.

This also isn't a hotline to get through to a VM rep quicker either.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you've got nothing useful to post, kindly post nothing at all. Your replies have provided absolutely nothing of worth to resolving anything.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And you’re providing little information as to what you issue is and how you would like it resolved. 

0 Kudos