Menu
beno2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Toshiba smart tv

I have a toshiba smart TV which has ever been very good at staying connected to the wifi however we usually solve it by turning the WIFI on and off again. The other day it once again disconnected so we turned the wifi on and off. However now when you go to the network settings on the TV there is no option for wirless devide, there is only wired device and disabled so i am unable to even attempt to connect my tv to the wifi as there is no option for it, we know the wifi router is working as all our phones and tablets etc are connected and working fine. Has anyone ever experienced this before and does anyone have any ideas for what i could try, because i am at a loss now?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Toshiba smart tv

Have you tried a factory reset on the TV?  I had a Sony TV that lost internet after a long period of stability, and it was a reset that fixed it.

0 Kudos
beno2
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would that loose everything we have on the TV such as accounts etc?
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@beno2 wrote:
Would that loose everything we have on the TV such as accounts etc?

Yes, a factory reset puts the TV back to "out of the box" state.  Anything you have personalised will be lost and you will have to set it up again.  If you don't want to do this, maybe consider a wired connection.  It would be better as it's not prone to interference like wifi.

0 Kudos