Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

To cancel contract

Hello,

Please someone help me. This is a nightmare. My contract ends on August 24th and I have been trying to contact Virgin Media since the beginning of July to give my contract termination notice because I am moving house and at this new address Virgin has no services.
I have called hundreds of times to 0345 454 1111 and it is impossible to contact them to notify that I do not want to renew when my contract ends, I have written hundreds of text messages to 07533 051809 and they only pass me from one person to another to repeating the same information without a solution, just spending money and time.
I have finally written a letter on July 9th to the recommended address at Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG, with acknowledgment of receipt and they have not replied. I have the tracking of the letter and it was received.
I have no more options, my notice is given and they have not contacted me.
According to the conditions of the Virgin contract, they will contact me 30 days before to notify of a new contract renewal but this is false, they have not sent me anything and they perfectly know my email.
It is the worst company in terms of customer service, for God's sake! What a nightmare! What else can I do?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: To cancel contract

Try snail mail with a signed for recorded delivery.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I do not understand, I spent six pounds on this letter sent and it is supposed to be reliable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The idea for using signed for / recorded delivery is for you to prove that the addressee has had the mail delivered, now that you have that you can relax.

They are not likely to contact you now that you are in the termination period.

Sit back and relax. If they start charging you for services post cancellation date you can start shouting.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If you have proof that the letter was delivered it doesn't matter if you have received confirmation or not, 30 days after that date is your termination date. You'll most likely get something in the post in the next month or so, as any monies owned takes them about 45 days or so to finalise. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all. I will wait for the contract to end but I am terrified that they might send me another bill for a new period.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Now when I log in to the Virgin Media website it shows "You are not with Virgin Media anymore", I have even ordered for the packaging to return the equipment. However they send me another bill for next month August 27 - September 26.
This is a nightmare. If I'm not with Virgin Media, why another bill? This is unbelievably.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Customer5, 

Sorry you've had another bill, I can appreciate the concern. 

When you leave us we take 30 days notice, if a bill is produced within this time we'll still take it so that payments are covered up until the day your services end. 

If you end up making an over payment this will automatically be refunded via cheqeue once we've confirmed the account is closed. 

I hope that clears things up.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Since the beginning of August I don't lived at my previous address where I had services with Virgin Media.
My contract ends on August 24th and I gave the notice around July 10th of not renewing anymore. Notice more than 30 days in advance, so any bill, if any, must be within the contract, there is no charge for early disconnection either.

This Tuesday I received a call from VM and everything was clarified that my contract would be canceled and the return of the equipment was confirmed. The notice was 10th July and I understand that this is the date until the day your services end and not on this Tuesday.

What about this bill now?
I paid the last invoice of my contract on August 3 and any other invoice is not applicable and is incomprehensible. To be honest, I don't trust Virgin Media's money back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

...The point here is that I have already paid until the day my services end.

0 Kudos